If you own a campervan then it’s very important to protect it by getting a good campervan insurance policy.
There are many places you get get campervan insurance online. Before you look for quotes it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the types of cover you can get.
Below is a guide to the different types of campervan insurance you can get as well as some great ways to save money.
Types of campervan insurance
- Third party – Third party cover is the minimum level of cover you need in order to make your campervan road legal. It will provide protection for other motorists’ vehicles in the event of a collision that you’re to blame for.
- Third party, fire and theft – This is the same as third party cover except it also covers your campervan for theft as well as fire damage.
- Fully comprehensive – A fully comprehensive policy provides the most protection for your own vehicle. As well as covering you for all types of collisions, you’ll also be covered for fire and theft.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is another type of cover you can get included in a campervan policy. Although it will cost extra, it can work out cheaper than getting breakdown cover from a third party provider.
- Limited mileage – If you only use your campervan at certain times of the year then you can get what is known as a limited mileage policy. Limited mileage policies are cheaper since there’s less chance that you’ll need to make a claim.
Saving money on campervan insurance
- Pay annually – Paying for your policy annually rather than monthly might not sound too appealing since you’ll need to pay more upfront. However the upside to this is that you can save money with most insurance providers by doing this. Usually a significant saving.
- Shop around – One of the best ways to save money on campervan insurance is by getting quotes from a lot of different providers. This will enable you to compare them and pick the one that offers the best value for money.